Proposed features/Extending kneipp water cure
|The Feature Page for this approved proposal is located at Tag:amenity=kneipp_water_cure.|
|Definition:||"Site of a Kneipp facility"|
- as area for the site of a Kneipp facility.
- as node for the Kneipp facility (In this case, there are no differences between a single basin or the whole facility).
- as area for the main basin (old method, not recommended anymore).
New subtags allow to list the different kinds of Kneipp basins at the facility:
- kneipp_water_cure:foot=yes/no for foot basins
- kneipp_water_cure:arm=yes/no for arm basins
- kneipp_water_cure:face=yes/no for face basins
Positioning the single basins within the facility can de done using some tags:
Other equipments (like benches or bare foot paths) can be tagged as part of the Kneipp facility simply by positioning them within the area.
There are already more than 1000 Kneipp basins in OpenStreetMap (almost exclusively in german speaking countries) and it is quite probable, that the map is not yet complete. There is almost always a foot basin in a Kneipp facility, quite often an arm basin too. Sometimes there are several foot basins. There are cases with just an arm basin without foot basin. Other kind of basins are also possible, for example a face basin.
There are currently no possibilities to aggregate several basins to a Kneipp facility. It is not unusual for a Kneipp facility to be enclosed with a fence (probably to prevent animals entering the basins), so that the borders are quite clear. Frequently there are also benches located on the same site, sometimes a picnic table, a bare foot bath or similar things. The Kneipp facility corresponds usually to the whole site and not only to the foot basin.
We could imagine using a relation to aggregate the elements of a Kneipp facility. But relations are difficult to tag and prone to errors. While editing features, it is quite common to overlook that there is relation and that it should taken into consideration. The same purpose can be achieved more easily and more reliably by tagging the site of the Kneipp facility.
First I though about introducing a new tag leisure=kneipp_water_cure for the site of a Kneipp facility, as until now it was sometimes done with other existing tags but which doesn't seem to always be suitable:
- leisure=park: but Kneipp facilities are not always in semi-natural state. Some Kneipp facilities are inside a park but not always.
- landuse=recreation_ground: but simular reason, a Kneipp facility is not always a green space.
- leisure=water_park: but a water park is always much more than that even if in some water parks there is a Kneipp basin, .
- leisure=pitch: but even if the use of a Kneipp basin could be regarded as a soft sport activity, a pitch would be only for sport field, not for the whole site.
Finally it is easier and clearer to extend the signification of the current tag and optionally use some new tags kneipp_water_cure=* to position the single basins, similar to what was done for playground=*.
It won't be necessary to update the existing objects: among the existing objects there are currently two main kinds of geometries and very few exceptions. The first main kind is just a node at the place of the foot basin. To tag the whole facility with a node, one would anyway place the node at the center of the basin, so that it is exactly the same geometry. The second kind of geometry is the outline of the foot basin. In this case the area for the whole facility would be a little bit bigger, but not much if there is just a foot basin. So that the existing objects can remain as they are and the proposal allows it explicitly. The very few exceptions can easily be found using overpass and I would update them manually (they are anyway mostly facilities that I entred myself to test the proposal).
|kneipp_water_cure:foot=yes/no||when with a foot bassin|
|kneipp_water_cure:arm=yes/no||when with an arm bassin|
|kneipp_water_cure:face=yes/no||when with a face bassin|
|name=*||Name of the Kneipp facility, as sometimes stated on a nearby sign.||It can simply be "Kneippanlage" oder something like "Kneippanlage Lauterbach", "Wassertretbecken Mehring"...|
|opening_hours=*||Opening months if available.||May-Oct: 00:00-24:00; Nov-Apr: Off|
Optionally add the position of the single basins using nodes or areas within the area for the whole site and tag them:
amenity=kneipp_water_cure was first introduced for foot basins instead of the whole facility, that's why it is still allowed to use it for the area of a single foot basin. In the future it is recommended to use the new method.
Kneipp facility with just one foot basin
Preferred way: tag a closed way to mark the outline of the site of the Kneipp facility:
amenity=kneipp_water_cure name=Kneippanlage kneipp_water_cure:foot=yes
and another closed way for the foot basin inside the site:
Alternatively the whole facility with just one node:
amenity=kneipp_water_cure kneipp_water_cure:foot=yes name=Kneippanlage
The old method remains allowed (but is not recommended anymore). The outline of the foot basin was tagged like that:
amenity=kneipp_water_cure natural=water name=Kneippanlage
Kneipp facility in a natural stream
It is not necessary to draw the equivalent of the basin within the stream. It is enough to draw the outline of the whole site (for example including benches) and tag it like that:
amenity=kneipp_water_cure kneipp_water_cure:foot=yes name=Wassertretanlage Birkenwerder
The exact place in the stream can be tagged as a node:
If you want to drawn the exact place in the stream as an area, then also tag the width of the stream:
(alternatively using an area tagged as "waterway=riverbank")
Kneipp facility with just an arm basin
Create a node and tag it as:
amenity=kneipp_water_cure kneipp_water_cure:foot=no kneipp_water_cure:arm=yes name=...
I kept "kneipp_water_cure:foot=no" to make clear that there is only an arm bassin but it would be even possible to do without.
Kneipp facility with an arm basin integrated in a foot basin
Tag the outline of the facility as:
amenity=kneipp_water_cure kneipp_water_cure:foot=yes kneipp_water_cure:arm=yes name=...
If a more precise tagging is wished, add an area for the foot basin within the facility:
For the arm basin a node on the area of the foot basin can be tagged like:
Kneipp facility with foot and arm basins
With the old method the outline of the foot basin is tagged like that:
amenity=kneipp_water_cure name=Kneippanlage Pullach natural=water
Here we only know; that there is a Kneipp facility with a foot basin. There are no information over other basins.
A mapper can map the facility more precisely like that:
The site of the facility is an area tagged like that:
amenity=kneipp_water_cure name=Kneippanlage Pullach kneipp_water_cure:foot=yes kneipp_water_cure:arm=yes
If the position of the different basins is known, the outline of the foot basin can be tagged like that:
And for the arm basin the following node should be enough:
A possibility as icon would be a foot (footprint or side outline) together with a water surface.
- Extension of amenity=kneipp_water_cure (Extended signification + new subtags).
- New features kneipp_water_cure=*, that should be used with a area of type amenity=kneipp_water_cure.
Please comment on the discussion page.
This proposal derives from a discussion on the forum (only in German).
- I approve this proposal. --Geri-oc (talk) 11:47, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --JIDB (talk) 11:12, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --ChristianSW (talk) 14:08, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. would have preferred the healthcare namespace but am also fine with amenity --Dieterdreist (talk) 14:32, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Surveyor54 (talk) 20:40, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Meillo (talk) 04:59, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. I have a comment about double-tagging the basins as property and as a area but this is a detail which should not stand in the way.--Jojo4u (talk) 08:22, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Waldhans (talk) 12:41, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --zarl (talk) 07:08, 30 June 2016 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Klumbumbus (talk) 13:18, 30 June 2016 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Thetornado76 (talk) 13:26, 30 June 2016 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Atalanttore (talk) 16:10, 30 June 2016 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --tadeus (talk) 07:10, 01 July 2016 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --gerzap (talk) 07:19, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --RoGer6 (talk) 18:58, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for your votes, thanks for putting the page on "post vote" for me and thanks for the JOSM presets! I have now updated the feature page to include the new tags. --JIDB (talk) 19:33, 13 July 2016 (UTC)