Proposed features/Salt Pond
|The Feature Page for this approved proposal is located at tag:landuse=salt_pond|
|Proposal status:||Approved (active)|
|Definition:||A place where sea water is evaporated to extract its salt|
|Rendered as:||A pink or orange shadow over the land|
A salt pond is where sea water is sun-heated, so it evaporates and the sea salt can be extracted. These areas can be bigger than a city, so there are now big extensions without the possibility of rendering.
This proposal is NOT about naturaly formed salt surface.
While mapping my zone, I've found out that I couldn't tag massive areas, so there are big blanks on the terrain.
As I have said before, a Salt pong tag is needed, so we can render areas of many km² that we cannot render now. Salt ponds are, many times, at least here in Spain near natural parks, and are a place where migrating birds stop in their trips along the world. Furthermore, salt ponds are extensive industrial terrain, so if we can place agriculture using of land, why not "salt mining"?
San Francisco Bay, the Dead Sea and the Useless Pond in Australia are some of the places where notable salt ponds are, but I bet there are in most sea countries of the world.
This is not a natural construction, and they are fairly extensive. There is no overlapping with another existing tag, and it is quite easy to understand.
Just areas. The small "bridges" between them can be tagged as common tracks or not, just by tagging as salt ponds the locked water and not the whole extension of the pond.
Please comment here for new ideas or anything about this proposal.
started on 2009-06-03
- I approve this proposal. Sletuffe 10:56, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Skippern 11:13, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- Your comment but should be "natural=salt_plain" or something like that if it is a natural occurance isn't shown. I'm totally ok with that, if it is natural, this tag shouldn't be used, I'll make it clear in the proposal Sletuffe 16:23, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Schumi4ever 15:06, 5 June 2009 (UTC) Skippern, it is not a natural occurance, it is hand made.
- I approve this proposal. Melaskia 16:52, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Rodolphe 17:57, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. FrViPofm 15:58, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Monsieur a 16:00, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. pov 16:02, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- I like this proposal. -- Pieren 16:17, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. EtienneChove 20:33, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Mat 20:45, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Damouns 15:31, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. -- Behrica 22:02, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
-- Voting closed on 25 Jun 2009 13 in favor, 0 against Sletuffe 15:58, 25 June 2009 (UTC)