|landuse = salt_pond
|A place where sea water is evaporated to extract its salt
|Rendering in OSM Carto
|Used on these elements
|Tools for this tag
A salt pond, salt evaporation pond or saltern is where salt water is sun-heated, and salt is extracted by humans. These areas can be bigger than a city.
How to map
- Draw an area around the limits of the salt pond and add the tag:
- In option you could use name=* and/or operator=* if needed and appropriate.
Applies to areas only. The small "bridges" between them can be tagged as man_made=embankment, and there may be a highway=track or highway=footway. Only tag the enclosed areas of evaporating water and not the whole extent of the salt pond area.
- Proposal page
- leisure=swimming_pool - a man-made swimming pool
- water=basin - an area of land artificially graded to hold water.
- water=reservoir - a man made body of stored water, usually formed by a dam
- on Wikipedia
- Don't imitate the naming convention of this tag to create a
landuse=fish_pond, because aquaculture is complex, you'd better use landuse=aquaculture instead.