Jump to navigation Jump to search
|water = reservoir|
|An artificial lake which may be used to store water.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A reservoir is an artificial lake is used to store water. Usually formed by a dam over a natural water course, water then backs up into a natural valley or depression.
How to Map
Tags used in combination
- landuse=reservoir - an alternative, popular with some.
- For a lake water=lake + natural=water
- man_made=reservoir_covered - a covered reservoir is a large man-made tank for holding fresh water
- landuse=basin - an area of land artificially graded to hold water.
- man_made=storage_tank - a container that holds liquids