|landuse = basin|
|An area of land artificially graded to hold water.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
An area of land artificially graded to hold water. Note that this definition includes also structures typically without water. Usually these features are made for man made water courses e.g. storm water, water treatment.
Applies to nodes and areas.
- basin=infiltration — An catches storm water and allows it to seep into an .
- basin=detention — A catches storm water and allows it to drain slowly into natural waterways.
- basin=retention — A catches storm water and retains it, forming an artificial pond.
- basin=cooling — A .
- basin=firefighting — A firefighting pool or pond.
Tags used in combination
- name=<name of the basin>
- basin=* refines the type of the basin
- intermittent=yes If the presence of water is intermittent.
- seasonal=* If the presence of water is seasonal.
Possible Tagging Mistakes
/* == See also == */