Jump to navigation Jump to search
|landuse = basin|
|An area of land artificially graded to hold water.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
An area of land artificially graded to hold water. Note that this definition includes also structures typically without water. Usually these features are made for man made water courses e.g. storm water, water treatment.
How to tag
- basin=infiltration — An catches storm water and allows it to seep into an .
- basin=detention — A catches storm water and allows it to drain slowly into natural waterways.
- basin=retention — A catches storm water and retains it, forming an artificial pond.
- basin=evaporation — A evaporation pond or evaporation basin used to evaporate water containing a dissolved substance (precipitate)
Tags used in combination
- name=<name of the basin>
- basin=* - refines the type of the basin
- intermittent=yes - If the presence of water is intermittent.
- natural=water + water=basin - Synonym for landuse=basin
- leisure=swimming_pool - A swimming pool (water area only)
- amenity=kneipp_water_cure - A foot bath is a shallow pool, often with handrail.
- natural=water + water=pond - a small body of standing water, man-made in most cases
- natural=water + water=reservoir - a man made body of stored water, usually formed by a dam across a valley or natural depression
- landuse=salt_pond - A salt pond, salt evaporation pond or saltern
- natural=water - Any body of water, from natural such as a lake or pond to artificial like moat or canal
- water=* - Specification of a water body