|landuse = grass|
|A smaller area of mown and managed grass|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A tag for a smaller areas of mown and managed grass for example in the middle of a roundabout, verges beside a road or in the middle of a dual-carriageway. Should not be used where a more specific tag is available.
It is typical that landuse=grass is misused and should be changed to landcover=grass (for example: patches of grass between tracks in railway corridor - area that should be tagged with landuse=railway).
There are often more appropriate tags for areas of grass. These include:
- leisure=garden An area managed as a private or public garden with flowers, bushes etc
- leisure=golf_course An area within which golf is played (also a proposed set of tags for greens, tees and fairways)
- landuse=meadow for farmland which is sown with grass for grazing or for hay.
- leisure=park An area set aside for public recreation within an urban area.
- leisure=dog_park An area reserved for dogs to run, often off the leash.
- leisure=pitch An area formally organised for a particular sport: tennis, soccer etc.
- landuse=recreation_ground An area predominately designed for informal sports and fun
- landuse=village_green A public space, typically associated with a village
- landuse=farmland with produce=turf where the grass is harvested for transplant elsewhere.
Other possible tags:
As an add-on tag for other features: