|landuse = landfill|
|A site for the disposal of waste materials by burial.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Group: Waste Processing|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Asite (also known as a tip, dump, rubbish dump or dumping ground and historically as a midden) is a site for the disposal of waste materials by burial.
How to map?
To distinguish between:
– Unofficial dumping grounds:
When it's informal, unofficial, uncontrolled, may be polluting waterways and underground waters, soil, etc.
Use landuse=landfill + informal=yes. (As proposed in tagging list).
- Nuclear dump or cache
- abandoned:landuse=landfill if the landfill is abandoned no longer visible (for example, capped and covered with grass or trees)
- landuse=landfill + disused=yes for landfills which are still present on the ground, but are no longer in operation
|Domestic waste landfill|
|Deposition of hot slag|
(Without natural covering)
|Capped landfill mound
(With natural covering)
- amenity=waste_basket - A single small container for depositing garbage that is easily accessible for pedestrians.
- amenity=waste_disposal - A medium size disposal bin, typically for bagged up household or industrial waste. May be in the street, but not primarily for use by passing pedestrians.
- amenity=recycling + recycling_type=container: A container that accepts waste for recycling.
- amenity=recycling + recycling_type=centre: A centre/facility that accepts waste for recycling.
- amenity=waste_transfer_station: A location that accepts, consolidates and transfers waste in bulk, usually from government or commercial collections.
Map of nuclear sectors around the world, including nuclear landfills: http://www.leretourdelautruche.com/map/nuke/?zoom=6&lat=47.49224&lon=2.29857&layers=B00TT
- Waste Processing - Page describing all tags related to waste management.