|amenity = waste_disposal|
|A medium size disposal bin, typically for bagged up household or industrial waste.|
|Group: Waste Processing|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: De facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Waste disposal is used for medium sized waste bins, typically for bagged up household or industrial waste. They may be in the street, but they are not primarily for use by passing pedestrians. It does not include recycling containers or recycling centres (see amenity=recycling), small bins (see amenity=waste_basket), nor large waste transfer stations (see amenity=waste_transfer_station).
How to map
Place an at the location of the bin and add the tag amenity=waste_disposal.
Tags to use in combination
- waste=* to specify the type of waste.
- access=* to specify the access. Mapping of inaccessible private bins is discouraged.
- fee=* to specify if a fee is payable.
- operator=* to specify the operator.
- capacity=* to specify the capacity in m³.
- amenity=waste_basket - A single small container for depositing garbage that is easily accessible for pedestrians.
- amenity=recycling + recycling_type=container: A container that accepts waste for recycling.
- amenity=recycling + recycling_type=centre: A centre/facility that accepts waste for recycling.
- amenity=waste_transfer_station: A location that accepts, consolidates and transfers waste in bulk, usually from government or commercial collections.
- landuse=landfill: A site for the disposal of waste materials by burial.
- Waste Processing - Page describing all tags related to waste management.