|amenity = waste_transfer_station|
|A location that accepts, consolidates and transfers waste in bulk, usually from government or commercial collections.|
|Group: Waste Processing|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A waste transfer station is a location that accepts, consolidates and transfers waste in bulk, usually from government or commercial collections.
As such stations are meant for bulk waste, they will typically have weighbridges for weighing the lorries on entry and exit.
To indicate what materials are processed, see Tag:amenity=recycling#Materials.
- amenity=waste_basket - A single small container for depositing garbage that is easily accessible for pedestrians.
- amenity=waste_disposal - A medium size disposal bin, typically for bagged up household or industrial waste. May be in the street, but not primarily for use by passing pedestrians.
- amenity=recycling + recycling_type=container: A container that accepts waste for recycling.
- amenity=recycling + recycling_type=centre: A centre/facility that accepts waste for recycling.
- landuse=landfill: A site for the disposal of waste materials by burial.
- Waste Processing - Page describing all tags related to waste management.