|Feature : Waste Processing|
|Relating to landfill sites and other waste management facilities.|
This page lists tags related to waste processing and landfill.
How to Map
Waste collection points are tagged as follows:
- amenity=waste_basket: A single small container for depositing garbage that is easily accessible for pedestrians.
- amenity=waste_disposal: A medium size disposal bin, typically for bagged up household or industrial waste. May be in the street, but not primarily for use by passing pedestrians.
- amenity=recycling + recycling_type=container: A container that accepts waste for recycling.
- amenity=recycling + recycling_type=centre: A centre/facility that accepts waste for recycling.
Waste transfer stations are tagged as amenity=waste_transfer_station. A waste transfer station is a collection point, where local trash is collected in order to be brought to a landfill. This may include all waste, or may only include appliances and other items which are not collected by residential trash collection services.
Roads used for access to trash collection is tagged as highway=service. This would be roads generally behind residences, where residents may place their trash cans for trash pickup. Also the commercial equivalent.
Energy production related elements are tagged as follows:
- power=plant with plant:source=waste: Incineration plant.
- WikiProject CircularEconomy - A page explaining how to describe all circular economy : second_hand shop, re-use, container, compost, public bookcase, shop without packaging, self repair workshop...