|natural = wood|
|Forest. Sometimes considered to have restricted meaning "Woodland with no forestry".|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Forest, by some used to tag woodland with no forestry.
There are major differences in the way this tag and landuse=forest are used by some Openstreetmap users. Some use this tag to show an area is covered in trees, others use it for woodland not impacted by human maintenance. This problem is explained in the page Forest.
How to map
- name=* - name of woodland
- leaf_type=broadleaved/needleleaved/mixed - describes the type of leaves / needles.
- leaf_cycle=deciduous/evergreen/mixed - describes the phenology of leaves / needles.
If leaf_type=* is also set, this can be indicated by appropriate symbols for conifers, deciduous trees and mixed forests.
|leaf_type=broadleaved||Broadleaved woodland (doesn't mean deciduous).|
- Forest for difference to
- leaf_type=* and leaf_cycle=*
- When should we use landuse=forest rather than natural=wood? on help.openstreetmap.org
- taxon=* for species and common name and discussion of recording cover values
- Vegetation - summary of tags for various types of trees and plants