|Describes the phenology of leaves|
|Used on these elements|
|Documented values: 5|
|Tools for this tag|
leaf_cycle=* describes the phenology of , for instance evergreen or deciduous.
This key is used as refinement for woody vegetation, such as woodlands, trees or shrubs.
is the study of cyclic and seasonal natural phenomena, especially in relation to climate and plant and animal life.
|leaf_cycle=evergreen||Plants that are never entirely without green foliage.
|leaf_cycle=deciduous||Plants that are leafless for a certain period during the year.
|leaf_cycle=semi_evergreen||Plants that lose most, but not all, of their foliage for a fraction of the year. Can be found on (sub)tropial woody plants.
|leaf_cycle=semi_deciduous||Plants that lose their foliage for a very short period, when old leaves fall off and new foliage growth is starting.
|leaf_cycle=mixed||Habitat with evergreen and deciduous vegetation.|
|The values relate to the Land Cover Classification System (LCCS) by FAO.|
- landuse=forest - Managed woodland.
- natural=wood - Woodland with no forestry.
- natural=scrub - Uncultivated land covered with bushes or stunted trees.
- natural=tree - Single tree, often significant. (Note that mixed leaf cycle never applies here.)
- natural=tree_row - Line of trees.
- barrier=hedge - Line of closely spaced shrubs.
- landuse=orchard - Plantation of trees or shrubs maintained for food production.