|landuse = quarry|
|Surface mineral extraction|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A quarry, ie an area of land used for surface mineral extraction.
When used on areas this tag should only be applied to the area in which actual mining is performed. Connected areas like ore processing facilities or machine maintenance areas should usually be tagged landuse=industrial.
- name=* - the name of the quarry
- operator=* - the company operating the quarry
- resource=* - the mineral resource being extracted
- The standard symbol used widely internationally for a quarry mapped as a node:
- Quarry mapped as an area, Mapnik:
- This is one common point symbol (to be used when mapped as a node, or when generalized) for quarries:
Do not mix up
For underground mining, see: