Jump to navigation Jump to search
|industrial = mine|
|Mine - extraction of mineral resources from the ground|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
- extraction of mineral resources from the ground. There's two main forms of minery, surface and underground, and there's common traits and obvious differences.
Within the industrial area there would be spaces reserved to ore grinding, processing, washing, water drains, waste dump, as well as administration, workers barracks, leisure areas etc.
How to map
- Space where parts of the industrial process is carried out, map correspondingly.
- The tailings basins, to be tagged as landuse=basin and hazard=contamination,
- Surface water management, composed of areas natural=water/water=pond and waterway=drain, which will likely be contaminated, too. It is of extra value if you can follow and map the destination of this potentially contaminated water.
- Commercial and administration areas and buildings,
- Workers' barracks, as well as any associated amenities and leisure features.