|man_made = mineshaft|
|A mineshaft: vertical tunnel into a mine where minerals are extracted.|
|Group: Man made|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Mineshafts are vertical tunnels into a mine where minerals are extracted. Adits or galleries should not be tagged as mineshafts.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- mineshaft_type=* - This describes the current function
- What is mined for with the mineshaft. Visit the resources page to view a list of possible values.
- If there is a visible headframe above the shaft, this should be set to yes, otherwise no. It should be also set to no if the headframe is enclosed in a building, so that this building can not be easily recognized as part of a mineshaft. Renderers can decide to render mineshaft only if headframe is set to yes, because only then they are easily recognizable in the landscape.
- The name of the mine which the mineshaft is a part of.
- The operator of the mineshaft, usually the operator of the surrounding mine.
- Depth in meters.
- If the mineshaft is not in use anymore, use the namespace disused:man_made=mineshaft. In this case there should not be a mineshaft_type-tag.
All this tags can be used on a single node or on an area in combination with building=yes, if there is not only a headframe, but also a building above the shaft.