|water = basin|
|An area of land artificially graded to hold water.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
An area of land artificially graded to hold water. Note that this definition includes also structures typically without water. Usually these features are made for man made water courses e.g. storm water, water treatment.
How to map
Draw as an area along the outline of the basin.
and the type of basin:
- basin=infiltration - An catches storm water and allows it to seep into an .
- basin=detention - A catches storm water and allows it to drain slowly into natural waterways.
- basin=retention - A catches storm water and retains it, forming an artificial pond.
- basin=evaporation - A basin used to evaporate water.
Tags used in combination
- name=<name of the basin>
- basin=* - refines the type of the basin
- intermittent=yes - If the presence of water is intermittent.