From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Stilling Basins

At the end of spillways of dams there are sometimes dedicated basins to reduce the energy of the water (cf. Wikipedia, German WP). These are called stilling basins or stilling pools in English AFAICT ("Tosbecken" in German from tosen (roaring) and Becken (basin)). I propose to use basin=stilling for that and also mentioning it in usage=spillway and waterway=dam. --Stefanct (talk) 11:23, 18 July 2021 (UTC)

Dry pond vs. basin

Maybe mention the difference bewteen a dry pond and a basin. Jidanni (talk) 19:37, 18 July 2023 (UTC)