Proposed features/radio communication
|Proposal status:||Rejected (inactive)|
|Definition:||various types of radio communication aids (in aeronautics and others)|
This is a proposal for tagging for radiocommunication systems. For example, it would apply for VOR (VHF omnidirectional range), DME (Distance measuring equipment), TACAN (Tactical Air Navigation), NDB (Non-directional beacons), ILS (Instrument landing systems), Marker beacons, etc.
Applies to nodes.
- Original proposal was man_made=radio_navigation.
- But after discussions, it could better be man_made=radio_communication with type=aeronautics.
- sub_type = vor|vor_dme|tacan|ndb|marker...
- frequency = <frequency used>
- code = <official code name>
- mag_declination = <local magnetic declination in degrees>
An existing VOR/DME in France: man_made=radio_communication; type=aeronautics; sub_type=vor_dme; code=TOU; frequency=117.7; mag_declination=-1.2
Link to standard icons (navaids in section 2.3.4)
- I oppose this proposal.Unnecessarily complex name; man_made=beacon already in use better serves purpose and is more concise. Specifying the beacon type and frequency and units in sub tags will remove any perceived ambiguity in the use of beacon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_beacon --Pouletic 14:31, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal, because this should rather be tagged as a service on man_made=tower and man_made=beacon. --Skippern 17:04, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. because the tags are too long and complex when navaid=vor would suffice Ojw 19:28, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Because it shows the difference from a (mostly water) man_made=beacon (a navaid)and from (generic) man_made=tower which is not very precise. We already use man_made=water_tower So having this icon makes sense to me. :) (changed my vote) --acrosscanadatrails 22:04, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. because it is no man_made=tower (there are flat buildings too) and man_made=beacon is not precise enough --Will.i.am 22:27, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. because it can apply also to other radio aids, like wireless repeaters, , antennas, transmitters belonging to radio clubs or even individual radio operators (which have lot use during emergency as amateur radio services offer their services during emergency as their status-of-operation principle) -- Curious 21:08, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
See "Airport and Navaid info" links on http://flightgear.org/links.html