- For academic topics, see Research.
- eWorld basing upon SUMO (you need to strip down OSM files as they have problems with huge files)
- http://urbisim.gforge.uni.lu/ Ad hoc newtorks
- http://www.matsim.org MATSim is an open-source framework to implement large-scale agent-based transport simulations.
- Vissimm is a professional (closed source) traffic analysis suite. You can use it with OSM data, too
- Aimsun, like Vissum is a professional-grade closed source traffic simulation program that accepts OSM data
- The german browser based "Leitstellensimulator" http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:LstSim
- For Robocup Rescue Simulation League the virtual 3D world created by OSM
- Robocar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGqrrDUjYAY
- Cybotics Webots https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPXHnp4bHrY
Back in 2005 Jon Stockill did some visualisation of OSM data using "FlightGear", an open-source flight simulator.
See FlightGear for more information. The OSM data is also used in several scenery addon packages, which adopt the simulation to the reality: