|amenity = kitchen|
|A public kitchen to use by everyone or customers/guests.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
If possible use an area for a kitchen building and add a node building=entrance to the entrance on the outline. (This is helpful for blind navigation users). Add this area building=yes/hut/... and amenity=kitchen.
If the kitchen is not a separate building, place a node centrally at the location of the kitchen amenities and tag it amenity=kitchen.
Tags to use in combination
Standard combination tags:
- name=* for the name of the kitchen (if it has a name)
- building=yes/cabin/... If the whole building is a kitchen.
- opening_hours=* if not anytime opend
- drinking_water=* kitchen provides drinking water (hot/cold see under additional tags)
- bin=* a waste basket in the kitchen
- cooker=yes/no if a cooker (kitchen stove) is present
- fridge=yes/icebox/no Presence of a Refrigerator / with icebox / no fridge
- capacity=<Number> How many people can here working?
- table=yes/no Is there a table?
- seats=<Number> Number of seats (if table with seats in the kitchen)
- supervised=yes/no/interval (whether the kitchen are staffed with a cleaner; these kitchens are usually tidier, and the cleaner might expect a tip)
Ideas for "access" tags:
- access=key used if e.g. only for customers
Ideas for additional tags:
- cooker:functional=<Number> How many cookers intact?
- damage_status=intact/minor_damage/medium_damage/heavy_damage/completely_damage How well the facility is functioning
Kitchens inside places
Camping sites often have little kitchens for customers, usually in a central services building.
Please add a photo of symbol illustrating a kitchen, preferably a specifically public kitchen anywhere in the world.
Other Tags (Do not confuse!)
There is no way to cook there yourself!