Jump to navigation Jump to search
|attraction = animal|
|A place where animals are kept in captivity, such as at a zoo.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag attraction=animal is used to map where animals are kept in captivity as part of a tourism attraction (e.g. a cage or in an aquarium). Found in zoos and animal parks.
How to map
Create an area and tag it attraction=animal.
If you are not sure of its border, you can place a single node in the middle and tag it attraction=animal.
Tags used in combination
- name=* - the name of the attraction, if any
- animal=* - the common name of animals (separated with ";" if several)
- species=* - the scientific names of animals
- species:wikidata=* - the wikidata item for the species. Please use wikidata=* and wikipedia=* directly only for cases where there is entry about this specific enclosure.
- tourism=attraction for cases where it is a tourism attraction
Possible tagging mistakes
People often map natural=* or landuse=* or tourism=attraction on the same object to force rendering. First two are violation of One feature, one OSM element and adding tourism=attraction is sometimes questionable.
For animal enclosures for domestic and farm animals (not zoo attractions) see landuse=animal_keeping and landuse=farmyard.