Jump to navigation Jump to search
|emergency = emergency_ward_entrance|
|The entrance to an emergency ward.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Use emergency=emergency_ward_entrance to mark the entrance to an Emergency ward.
An emergency ward (EW), also known as an accident & emergency department (A&E), emergency department (ED), emergency room (ER) or casualty department, is a medical treatment facility specializing in emergency medicine, the acute care of patients who present without prior appointment for care of illnesses or injuries requiring immediate medical attention. An emergency ward is usually found in a hospital.
How to map
- Main article: Emergency ward
- Map the hospital campus as an area and tag it with amenity=hospital emergency=yes (see also Tag:amenity=hospital#Examples).
- Inside the hospital campus, map the hospital building as an area and tag it with building=hospital. If the emergency ward entrance does not lead to a hospital building (for example, it is a field hospital), draw an area (currently there is no dedicated tag to mark it as emergency ward, but Emergency ward mentions some observed tags that are being used de facto).
- Add a node to the building/area outline and tag it with emergency=emergency_ward_entrance and entrance=yes/entrance=main or other entrance=* tag. Note that entrance=emergency is different: an emergency exit to escape a building in case of fire.
- Use emergency_ward_entrance=* to specify for whom the emergency ward entrance is:
- emergency_ward_entrance=walk-in: only for individuals / people who come independently to an emergency room
- emergency_ward_entrance=rescue_service: only for rescue service (aka EMS: Emergency Medical Service)