|golf = hole|
|The path from tee area to the green|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
The hole is represented by a way along the standard playing path from tee area to the green.
How to map
You can add
- ref=* - number of the hole
- par=* - number of strokes normally required for this hole
- dist=* - the distance of the hole
- handicap=* - difficulty ranking of a hole in a golf course from 1 to 18, used to determine the allocation of handicap shots
- name=* - (rare) the common name of the hole, if there is one. Hole number belongs to ref=*
Unless a golf hole has an actual name, use ref=*
For example, the Masters Golf Course in Augusta, Georgia, USA, not only assigns numbers to their golf holes, but specific names are assigned to each one;
Hole 1 – Tea Olive, Hole 2 – Pink Dogwood, etc.
If a hole does not have an actual name, ref=* is sufficient.