|healthcare = dentist|
|A dentist practice / surgery. Used in addition to amenity=dentist|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A dentist / dental practice / dental surgery /dental clinic. A place where a professional dental surgeon who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions on oral care is stationed. This is normally tagged amenity=dentist, but some mappers also add healthcare=dentist in addition.
How to map
Use that tag healthcare=dentist on a node placed at the centrepoint of the building, or on a closed way (area) drawn around the perimeter of the building. The common tag amenity=dentist is also added.
Specialities for healthcare=dentist
Tags to use in combination
- contact:phone=* or phone=*
- contact:website=* or website=*
This tag was introduced as part of a healthcare proposal and intentionally duplicates amenity=dentist. It is used by some with intention of replacing and deprecating amenity=dentist in the future. The plan is to
- Add healthcare=dentist to existing amenity=dentist objects
- Add support in at least prominent data consumers for also healthcare=dentist in addition to supporting amenity=dentist
- Remove support for amenity=dentist in data consumers and remove this tag from hospitals
There is opposition to this potential deprecation of widely used tag amenity=dentist, but it also has some notable support.
Attempt to deprecate amenity=dentist was done in 2022 using proposal process.