|landuse = commercial
|A commercial zone, predominantly offices or services.
|Rendering in OSM Carto
|Used on these elements
|Status: de facto
|Tools for this tag
Such area may consist of offices, administration, laboratories, logistics, hotels, car repair stations, and associated infrastructure (car parks, service roads, lawns and so-on). Compared to industrial landuse (landuse=industrial) no goods are produced.
Occasionally several office buildings will be built on one property in which case the property itself may be known as a business park.
Government buildings and government offices are tricky. In many classification such land use is named "Commercial and Services" or similar to avoid exactly this problem. Some mappers use landuse=civic_admin for areas primarily used for government offices and buildings.
How to map
Map an area. The area should contain the whole commercial zone together with parking lots and streets.
- name=* - to add the name (possibly branded) of the commercial zone or the name of the specific organization managing the site.
- operator=* - the name of the juridical person managing this site and possibly other sites.
- operator:type=* - the type of the juridical person managing this site and possibly other sites.
- building=office for office buildings, or building=commercial if it is not possible to specify building type.
- Various office=* or amenity=* are likely to appear in a commercial zone.
When not to use
Areas zoned as commercial by local development plans, and not yet used as commercial areas should be marked according to their current situation.