Jump to navigation Jump to search
|memorial = cross|
|Specifies a memorial as a cross.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A memorial cross is a cross-shaped memorial to commemorate a special event or an incident, typically where one or more people died. This tag is used in combination with historic=memorial to specify a memorial cross.
Do not confuse with historic=wayside_cross or man_made=cross.
How to map
Set a node and add historic=memorial + memorial=cross and name=* (if known).
Tags to use in combination
- name=* – name by which the memorial is known
- inscription=* – text of inscriptions on the memorial
- material=* – main material of the memorial
- start_date=* – erection date/year
- historic=wayside_cross – A (mostly) historical (usually christian) cross.
- man_made=cross – A cross with no historical or religious relationship.
- memorial=stele + stele=khachkar for Armenian memorial stele bearing a cross