|historic = stone|
|A stone shaped or placed by man with historical value.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
It is therefore used for such stones which are for example too small to be tagged historic=memorial or by its origin and meaning use of neither historic=wayside_cross nor historic=wayside_shrine is justified.
Also we use this tag for stones that are found in some specific areas, such as Ritter stones in Rhineland-Palatinate (Germany), conciliation stones in Europe or Pictish stones in Scotland. The further classification of these stones is done in addition by the tag description=*.
These stones are protected in Germany.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- stone_type=* - type of the stone
- format=* - shape of the stone
- heritage=* - protected by some organization
- collection=yes - there is a collection of stones there
- moved=yes - stone was moved from its original location
description:de=in Kirchenwand eingemauert
inscription=Verbotener Weg bei 150.m.
description=Stone Coat of arms
- historic=boundary_stone - A historic physical marker that identifies a boundary
- natural=stone - A single notable freestanding rock, which may differ from the composition of the terrain it lies in
- historic=memorial + memorial=stone - Specifies a memorial as a stone
- marker=stone - A stone marker is a natural support on which useful information is directly etched or painted
- Historic map: historic.place
- Historic map: Suehnesteine - shows conciliation stones
- JOSM preset - Presets/Historic Stone