|natural = stone|
|A single notable freestanding rock, which may differ from the composition of the terrain it lies in.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A large (whatever that might mean) natural boulder or rock fragment that is not attached to the underlying terrain and arrived in its position by natural means, such as weathering, flooding or glaciation.
A glacial erratic is a piece of rock that differs from the size and type of rock native to the area in which it rests (fromon Wikipedia) carried there by glaciation.
How to map
To describe it further use the following additional tags:
- name=* to tag the name of the stone. I.e. "Doane Rock" in Eastham, Massachusetts.
- protected=yes - to tag cultural heritage management.
- website=* the url of a site with specific information to this rock.
- width=n - to tag that the stone has width of n meters
- height=m - to tag that the stone has height of m meters
suggested by User:Chrisana13