Jump to navigation Jump to search
|natural = moor
|Don't use, see wikipage
|Used on these elements
|Tools for this tag
|This tag has gone mostly out of use, its definition is fairly vague and other tags exist as clearer and more precise alternatives. Consider using one of the alternative tags suggested below instead.
- See on Wikipedia
Moorland or moor is a type of habitat, in the temperate grasslands, savannas, and shrublands biome, found in upland areas, characterised by low-growing vegetation on acidic soils.
This is fairly vague so consider the following alternative tags:
- natural=heath if vegetation consists of woody dwarf scrubs
- natural=scrub if vegetation consists of larger scrubs
- natural=grassland if vegetation consists mostly of grasses
- landuse=meadow + meadow=agricultural if the area is used for grazing
- natural=wetland for wetlands, especially with wetland=bog for peat producing acidic wetland areas
- natural=fell or natural=tundra for other vegetated areas that are naturally free of trees