|power = marker|
|Marker sticks and labels for underground electricity cables|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Note that some markers describe the distance/location of the cable and do not necessarily sit right on top of the feature. A cable OSM way may therefore have its nodes on top of the cable itself rather than at the markers.
- ref=* unique identifier of the marker, usually consecutively numbered
- support=pole/wall_mounted/ground/pedestal describes where the marker plate is mounted. Use wall_mounted also if the marker is mounted on a fence.
- cover=cone/fin/roof specifies the shape of the cover on top of a pole.
- operator=* (optional)
- phone=* (optional)
- emergency_phone=* (optional)
- voltage=* the voltage on the cable.
- cable:ref=* links a marker to a cable if the marker node is not part of the OSM way. Use the same value as in the cable's ref=* tag. If the marker is defined in a node of the way, it is not necessary to specify this tag.
- position=left;right;distance;heading holds the position information (in meters) as listed on the marker. This position defines a point through which the cable is supposed to run. If a value is not specified on the marker plate, do not use this tag. heading is optional. It describes the direction the marker is facing in degrees (0 .. 360). May be measured by a compass, but is usually also stored as EXIF value in pictures taken by modern smartphones (don't forget to subtract 180°).
- left: distance from the marker to the left
- right: distance from the marker to the right. Usually, just left OR right is defined.
- distance: distance from the marker in direction to the position of the viewer (in front of the marker)