|shop = hairdresser|
|A hairdressers or barbers shop, where hair is cut|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A hairdressers shop, where you can get your hair cut.
This includes barbers shops (even if you would not call them hairdressers).
Typically hairdressers offer other hair-related services: washing, shaving, colouring, extensions etc, and often other beauty/grooming treatments services and products are on offer. May be called a "salon".
How to map
Set a node or draw as an area along the object outline. Tag it with shop=hairdresser and name=*.
Tags to use in combination
- name=* the name of the hairdressers shop
- operator=* indicates the name of the company operating the hairdressers shop
- opening_hours=* hours of opening
- wheelchair=* suitable for wheelchairs
Tags to indicate if it's for both men and women, or only for men (aka barbers shop, although this might be for hair only) or only for women. For this tagging scheme we could aim to be consistent with amenity=toilets.
- female=yes/no for tagging whether it is intended for women.
- male=yes/no for tagging whether it is intended for men.
- (Note that unisex=yes/no has conflicting meanings as documented on it's wiki. Also, its absence might mean "yes, it is available for everybody", or might mean "gender-related details are not mapped yet". So instead of using unisex=*, please use explicit combination of female=* + male=* for clarity.)
There is also an explicit tag used for barbers hairdresser=barber.
Hair and beauty salon
Often hair salons offer beauty services too (nails, hair removal, etc).
If it is one salon under the same name, rather than mapping two separate nodes (i.e. shop=hairdresser with nearby shop=beauty), such places may instead be tagged with single node tagged with shop=hairdresser + beauty=* (see Talk page for more details and statistics on usage).
- shop=beauty - a shop that does skin treatment, nails, or a general beauty salon that does more than just hair
- shop=hairdresser_supply - a shop with hairdressing supplies