Jump to navigation Jump to search
|shop = toys|
|A shop focussed on selling children's toys.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A toy shop or toy store. A shop focussed on selling children's toys. It may sell things like:
- toys for babies or small children
- dolls and teddy bears
The tag may also be used for shops selling
- board games (although you may prefer shop=games)
- collectible miniature figurines (although you may prefer shop=collector)
- collectible card games (e.g. Magic: The Gathering)
- tabletop games (e.g. Warhammer 40,000)
How to map
Set a node or draw as an area along the shop outline.
Tag it with shop=toys and name=*.
Tags to use in combination
- toys:model_railway=yes- Model railway business
- shop=games - Specifically for board games. Many toy shops sell some board games alongside other toys. If a shop primarily sells board games, you might prefer to use shop=games (overlapping definition. This is a new tag idea as of Oct 2015)
- shop=model - For shops selling scale models of planes, trains, auto-mobiles etc. Either static of self-propelled possibly with some form of control. These may be quite toy-like e.g. remote control cars at the affordable "low end" would often be sold as toys for children, so there's overlap, but model shops can be quite serious adult-oriented going beyond what would normally be called "toys". Choose shop=model if a shop primarily sells models, and/or stocks "toys" for adults.
- shop=video_games - For shops selling video games.
- shop=sports - For shops selling sports equipment (more "serious" fun for grown ups)
- shop=collector - A shop that focuses on selling collector's items, like stamps, coins, action figures, etc.