|site_type = roman_villa|
|To specify an archaeological site as a Roman villa.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
was a country house built for the upper class in the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire.
was the term used by the ancient Romans to denote a villa set in the open countryside, often as the hub of a large agricultural estate.
How to map
Tag it with
Tags to use in combination
- wikipedia=* - a link to Wikipedia's article
- wikidata=* - an ID of the specific Wikidata item
- historic:civilization=ancient_roman (or more precise subtags) - the civilization (culture) that originally created the feature
- tourism=attraction - if it is a tourist attraction.
- heritage=* - if it is registered by an official heritage organisation.
- ruins=yes - when it is in ruins.