|sport = boules|
|A group of games in which the objective is to throw or roll heavy balls as close as possible to a small target ball, also called pétanque, lyonnaise, bocce, or bocce volo.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Boules is a collective name for a wide range of games (pétanque, lyonnaise, bocce, and bocce volo) in which the objective is to throw or roll heavy balls (called boules in France, and "bocce" in Italy) as close as possible to a small target ball.
Boules-type games are traditional and popular in France, Italy, Malta and Croatia, and are also popular in some former French colonies. In those countries, boules games are often played in open spaces (town squares and parks) in villages and towns. Dedicated playing areas for boules-type games are typically large, level, rectangular courts made of flattened earth, gravel, or crushed stone, enclosed in wooden rails or back boards.
In the south of France, the word boules is also often used as a synonym for pétanque.
How to Map
- This is meant to specify the type of relations .
- Instead see Type of Boules below
Type of Boules
- boules=petanque - Pétanque - games where the balls are thrown (for example, pétanque) games where there and is no "run up" to the throw
- boules=lyonnaise - Sport-boules - games where there is a "run up" to the throw (for example, boule lyonnaise, bocce volo)
- boules=bocce - Sport-boules - games where the balls are rolled (for example, bocce)
- boules=boule_de_fort - Boule_de_fort
- boules=breton Boule_bretonne Breton variant allowing, among other things, the use of the side border
- boules=other types
Possible Tagging Mistakes
playing Boules in Cleaver Square.