|Illnesses against which a vaccination provides protection|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The key is used to list the illnesses against which a vaccination provides protection.
The value for the key can be one single illness, a semicolon-separated list of such or a common name for groups of illnesses.
The value should be given in a compact form in lower-case letters, for the illness (not the name of the virus/bacterium).
- vaccination=covid19 for vaccination against the COVID-19 disease, caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus
- vaccination=influenza for seasonal vaccination against influenza, caused by a variety of viruses
- vaccination=tropical_diseases providing protection against typical tropical_diseases
- vaccination=rabies providing protection against animal bites and scratches
With the rapid development of vaccines against the in the current COVID-19 pandemic, many municipalities are setting up vaccination centres to administer the protectional injections. Currently this needs to be performed in centralised centres as opposed to individual doctor's offices since the vaccine has specific requirements e.g. for storage at considerably low temperatures, and mass vaccination processes have to be organised.
This key however is supposed to be useful beyond the pandemic, and is such open for protection against other illnesses and various forms of logistics.
How to map
Chose a building or campus outline, or a POI node.
The physical characteristics of a vaccination facility can vary a lot, within a country and internationally. There might be exhibition halls, large sports facilities, former airport, etc. It is to the discretion of the mapper to chose an appropriate top-level tag accordingly.
A COVID-19 vaccination centre would be tagged, on the building outline or as a POI node, as follows:
Data usage for Rendering, Routing and Searching
- As other healthcare features, or used on specialised pandemic-targeted maps.
- The key provides the nucleus of searching for facilities providing vaccination, or vaccination against Covid19 in the acute case. E.g. here is the Overpass search for "vaccination=covid19". This enables easy rendering or POI overlay on maps, as well as maintainability.
- Data are being used for routing to next vaccination center: https://impfzentrum.openrouteservice.org by https://heigit.org
- Impfzentren in Deutschland
- Relevant images: