|waterway = water_point|
|A place to fill fresh water holding tanks of a boat.|
|Group: Water management|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A place to fill fresh water holding tanks of a boat.
This tag was created May 2008 with description "A place to get fresh water e.g. for caravans.". A caravan tag does not belong in the waterway space, and thus the deprecation. In the meantime marine mappers picked up the tag and used it. The tag is used extensively on the UK canal system to mean "a place to fill fresh water holding tanks of a boat".
So the present meaning of the tag is "a place to fill fresh water holding tanks of a boat".
- amenity=drinking_water a more common tag for a drinking water feature, which does not specify the quantity available.
- water_point=yes/no an attribute which specifies whether a feature also provides a water point
- man_made=water_tap Publicly usable water tap which may or may not provide drinking water.
- natural=spring Water flowing out of the ground.
- amenity=fountain A decorative water feature.
- emergency=suction_point - A preferred point to pump water off a river or other waters for a fire department.
suggested by User:Chrisana13