|amenity = water_point|
|A place where you can get large amounts of drinking water for refilling fresh water holding tanks.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
This tag is for places where you can get larger amounts of "drinking water" for filling a fresh water holding tank, such as found on caravans, RVs and boats. Useful in particular inside a tourism=camp_site, tourism=caravan_site. For use inside leisure=marina see waterway=water_point.
How to map
- waterway=water_point - For boat holding tanks
- amenity=drinking_water - A more common tag for a drinking water feature. Does not specify the quantity of water available.
- natural=spring - Water flowing out of the ground. May have a fountain built around it.
- amenity=fountain - A fountain for cultural / decorational / recreational purposes.
- man_made=water_well - A man made excavation in the ground to gain water from an aquifer.
- man_made=water_tap - A tap-type water source.
- drinking_water=* - Facility offers drinking water.
- water_point=yes/no - Attribute tag, added to another feature such as a tourism=caravan_site.