|man_made = water_tap|
|Publicly usable water taps|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A water tap is a man-made construction providing access to water, supplied by centralized water distribution system (unlike in case of man_made=water_well, where groundwater is used) and (usually) equipped with a valve, which may be user-accessible or hidden. Consider adding also more general amenity=drinking_water in case it is potable water. The tag man_made=water_tap is used for publicly usable water taps, such as those in the cities and graveyards.
- drinking_water=* To specify if the water is drinkable or not.
- man_made=water_well A man made excavation in the ground to gain water from an aquifer.
- man_made=drinking_fountain Provides a small jet of drinking water.
- natural=spring Water flowing out of the ground. May have a fountain built around it (see Roman Bath in Bath, U.K).
- amenity=drinking_water Location of a source of potable drinking water. Note that this tag doesn't provide specific information on the type of the water source and implies potability.
- amenity=water_point, waterway=water_point — the same thing, but for filling fresh water holding tanks with larger amount of water.
- Proposal page
- on Wikipedia