|man_made = drinking_fountain|
|Provides a small jet of drinking water.|
|Group: Man made|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The construction and operation of the is significantly different from the larger decorative .
How to map
This tag should be used on nodes at the location of the drinking fountain.
- operator=* The operator of the drinking fountain.
- name=* The name of the drinking fountain if it has.
- disused:man_made=drinking_fountain To indicate that the drinking fountain is disused.
- fountain=* The type of drinking fountain
Tags describing the water quality are usually not required as it is usually safe (potable). Only tag cases where there is some indication that the water is unsafe, the OSM default assumes that it is safe.
- man_made=water_tap A man made water tap to obtain water, easy filling of containers.
- man_made=water_well A man made excavation in the ground to gain water from an aquifer.
- amenity=water_point, waterway=water_point, amenity=drinking_water for location of a source of potable water
Please note that the tag amenity=drinking_water was the first tag describing access to potable water. It fails to describe the method used to access the water. It my be useful to use additionally a more specific tag such as man_made=water_tap, man_made=water_well.
- fountain=* for tagging a subtype of fountain or drinking fountain