|man_made = drinking_fountain|
|Provides a small jet of drinking water.|
|Group: Man made|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
|This is not (yet?) an established feature, as it is almost not used. Consider it a proposed feature. Most drinking fountains are tagged as just amenity=drinking_water as name "drinking fountain" is not popular, most people are not interested in tagging exact form of drinking water source and probably also because there was no proper tag describing the device before.|
A or bubbler is a man-made device providing a small jet of water for drinking. Usually supplied by centralized water distribution and (usually) equipped with a user-accessible valve. Drinking fountains provide potable water.
The construction and operation of the is significantly different from the ordinary common .
How to map
- operator=* The operator of the drinking fountain.
- name=* The name of the drinking fountain if it has.
- disused:man_made=drinking_fountain To indicate that the drinking fountain is disused.
- fountain=* The type of drinking fountain
Tags describing the water quality are usually not required as it is usually safe (potable). Only tag cases where there is some indication that the water is unsafe, the OSM default assumes that it is safe.
- man_made=water_tap A man made water tap to obtain water, easy filling of containers.
- man_made=water_well A man made excavation in the ground to gain water from an aquifer.
- amenity=water_point, waterway=water_point, amenity=drinking_water for location of a source of potable water
Please note that the tag amenity=drinking_water was the first tag describing access to potable water. It fails to describe the method used to access the water. It my be useful to use additionally a more specific tag such as man_made=water_tap, man_made=water_well.
- fountain=* for tagging a subtype of fountain or drinking fountain