|amenity = drinking_water|
|A drinking water source provides potable water for consumption.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Drinking water is a place where humans can obtain potable water for consumption. Typically, the water is used for only drinking. This includes the, water taps, water wells and water points.
How to Map
This tag value should be used on nodes or areas that shows the source of a potable water that humans can drink from. Generally, this feature provides small quantities of water. Tag bottle=yes if it offers an easy way to fill a portable water container.
You can use the key fountain=* to map the subtypes.
- Temperature additional tags
The tag drinking_water=* is used as a indication whether a physical feature provides safe drinking water or potable water for consumption. When mapping with this tag it has a fine level of granularity, it is acceptable to mark the individual water sources as a amenity=drinking_water.
- man_made=water_tap may be additionally used for a water tap
- drinking_water=* may be used to explicitly indicate safe drinking water.
- amenity=water_point is a place to get larger amounts of drinking water, usually for caravans, RV's, or boats.
- amenity=watering_place is a place where animals drink water
- natural=spring is used where water flows naturally out of the ground.
- amenity=fountain is a fountain for used for cultural, decoration and/or recreational purposes.
- man_made=water_well is a man made excavation in the ground to gain water from an aquifer.
- disused:amenity=drinking_water is used as a method of marking broken fountains. Which may remove them from most maps.
- bottle=* can a water bottle be easily filled here?
- Proposed features/Potable Water – original proposal.
- Proposed features/water network
- Proposed features/Drinking water attributes – active proposal for extension of tagging
- Drinking Water Fountain – Android application to find the nearest drinking water fountain around you. Add/Change fountains, offline mode and nice design.
- www.wetap.org – Android/iOS applications for collecting drinking water photos/locations/status.
- waterfill.me – Online map of California showing amenity=drinking_water nodes prominently. Uses modified OSMBright stylesheet (github).