From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|amenity = water|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
This page was created because the tag is in use but not documented. You can help OpenStreetMap by expanding it!
Please keep in mind that there could be similar tags and / or that this tag might be deprecated.
Always be careful when using Undocumented Tags!
- amenity=water_point is a place to get larger amounts of drinking water, usually for caravans, RV's, or boats.
- amenity=watering_place is a place where animals drink water
- natural=spring is used where water flows naturally out of the ground.
- amenity=fountain is a fountain for used for cultural, decorational and/or recreational purposes.
- man_made=water_well is a man made excavation in the ground to gain water from an aquifer.
- disused=* is used as a method of marking broken fountains.
- wetap:status=* is a single-project marking of fountains in need of repair, which leaves them on most maps. It should not be used at all due to spammy name.