|amenity = fountain|
|A fountain with cultural, decorational or historical significance or which serves a recreational purpose.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Group: Water management|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A fountain with cultural, decorational or historical significance or which serves a recreational purpose.
This might range from the usual fountain that you'll find in lots of city centers, up to large fountains like the Trevi Fountain in Rome that can act as a landmark and is also a tourism=attraction. The water of fountains tagged as amenity=fountain may not be drinkable – especially the large ornamental ones. Use drinking_water=* to specify drinkability.
If the fountain provides drinking water and meets the requisites for being tagged as a fountain, add an additional tag drinking_water=yes (see the tag page for more detailed tagging).
Other useful generic tags :
- name=* - The name of the fountain.
- drinking_water=yes/no - Indication whether a feature provides drinking water
- lit=yes/no - Are there lights shining on/in the fountain?
- fountain=* - A tag to indicate the subtype of the fountain
- natural=water - for water basin that very often surrounds fountain or is part of it
- amenity=drinking_water - Place to get "drinking water" for personal usage (hiking, spa, ...). Also used for drinking fountains.
- amenity=water_point - Place to get larger amounts of "drinking water" e.g. for caravans
- natural=spring - Water flowing out of the ground. May have a fountain build around (see Roman Bath in Bath, U.K)
- man_made=water_well - A man made excavation in the ground to gain water from an aquifer.
- Proposed_features/amenity=fountain Proposal page