Jump to navigation Jump to search
|emergency = fire_water_pond|
|A man made or natural pond with water for a fire department.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A man made or natural pond with water for a fire department. It is allowing to quickly get access to water for extinguishing a fire.
It can be either specifically designed or selected (in case of a natural one) to allow good water access for firefighters. To tag the specific point where the fire department can pump water, use emergency=suction_point.
How to map
Use emergency=fire_water_pond in conjunction with a tag for the physical object it describes, typically natural=water + water=pond.
- emergency=suction_point - A preferred point to pump water off a river or other waters for a fire department.
- amenity=water_point This tag is for places where you can get larger amounts of "drinking water" for filling a fresh water holding tank, such as found on caravans, RVs and boats.
- waterway=water_point - For boat holding tanks
- amenity=drinking_water - A more common tag for a drinking water feature. Does not specify the quantity of water available.
- natural=spring - Water flowing out of the ground. May have a fountain built around it.
- amenity=fountain - A fountain for cultural / decorational / recreational purposes.
- man_made=water_well - A man made excavation in the ground to gain water from an aquifer.
- man_made=water_tap - A tap-type water source.