Hi, the german group of Dortmund city releases a weekly review, too. Might there be a way to join both approaches? I would like the idea of a central OSM news instance! --!i! 11:44, 6 August 2010 (BST) http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/osm%20dortmund/diary/
Source or topic centered
Hi, would be cool if the source is less important (e.g. a lot of topics are discussed on different medias)--!i! 22:01, 8 August 2010 (BST)
- I think the current style is much better, thank you very much :) --!i! 18:54, 2 September 2010 (BST)
Ignore realy common topics
I think you can skip thinks like picture of the week or the news from the news template, or? The most see it day by day ;) --!i! 18:54, 2 September 2010 (BST)
The german newsletter moved to a blog (which works fine, even against my fears) to get better teamwork and involve external mappers. Might a team based aproach a better way to deal with the mass of channels you have to monitor? --!i! 18:54, 2 September 2010 (BST)
- Yes i think i would be better to be more than 1. it's a big work and i would like also translate it and why not integrate some of the local communities. but for now i can't.. i'm constantly behind. Don't know if someone want to help i'd be glad to share my work :). i've seen a lot of correction in my news it's a good start :) --EMerzh 22:56, 3 September 2010 (BST)
- No problem, what about requesting further help using our OSM diary /blog? Well to me actually the news aggrgating process seems to be a little bit closed. So what about a public news collecting page, where everybody can list entries and you reset it once a week? --!i! 12:39, 4 September 2010 (BST)
- There isn't really a process.... i've started the draft page for this.. i aggregate these news in 2 or / 3 edits (can vary with my work load) and after i set it on a new page and publish it. if you see a better workflow, please tell me. --EMerzh 13:29, 5 September 2010 (BST)
- Thats difficult but there are IMHO 2 tasks
- making it notifiers as easy as possible to drop you a line. So a very simple website and your mail would be cool. (I try to strap /draft down, have a look if you like it ;) )
- maiking it contributors as easy as possible to see which medias need monitoring/are allready monitored. There would be a second page cool.
- Do you think you want to include the infos from the german newsletter? Would help you to fill your page but german mappers might hate this redundancy... --!i! 19:49, 5 September 2010 (BST)
Link back to sources
One other thing I realy like at the newsletter of the german guys is that they link back to the mailinglist entries so it's easy to read more if you enjoy a topic :-) --!i! 20:00, 5 September 2010 (BST)
CU template and other stuff
I have created a template fot the CU pages with tricky computing of dates. There is also a Community Updates/preload and Community Updates/editintro pages to build them by clicking on the next link when the next page does not exist.
It seems that there is a shift in the Image of the Week. From 2010-11-22 to 2010-11-28 the week was 47. The image of the week 47 was Featured_Images/Oct-Dec_2010#Week_47 and the given was of the week 45.
I have implemented the template on the 2 last weeks. Just revert the pages if you don't like it. --FrViPofm 23:10, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you very much! We will give it a try :-) --!i! 08:57, 2 December 2010 (UTC)
Draft subpage considered?
from Ceyockey: I'm wondering whether there is an alternative Draft page than Community Updates/draft. It does not appear that the content of the Draft page either reflected the emerging content of the Update or was considered in drafting the Update. Thanks for bringing us all onto the same page (i.e. everyone looking at the same pre-release copy). --00:56, 23 December 2010 (UTC)