For line breaks | may be used.
Chinese Tanghao (堂號)
- The w:zh:堂號s are inscribed over the doorway.
- There may be many of the same w:zh:堂號s all along the road. Thus we see they are not unique names that people would refer to them when asking directions.
- Also Key:inscription seems good for family names sometimes seen on houses: "The Smiths", "The Jeffersons", "陳寓"…
- @Jidanni: That sounds pretty reasonable. I'm not as familiar with tanghao, but it sounds like they could be a useful source for owner=* as well. – Minh Nguyễn 💬 20:48, 14 May 2021 (UTC)
- @Jidanni: That sounds like a good solution! Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 10:07, 19 May 2021 (UTC)
Splitting in language versions
If the inscription is multi-lingual, it might make sense to split in "inscription" for the primary language and "inscription:xx" for additional languages. Possible extra benefit - might make the inscription fit in the tag length limit. --Richlv (talk) 18:09, 29 April 2021 (UTC)