RawEditor is very cool. I would appreciate adding a field for edit summary/comment (whatever it is called) for a given changeset.--Kozuch 23:00, 2 October 2011 (BST)
- Just go to http://rawedit.openstreetmap.fr/edit/changeset/#### And edit Erik Johansson 10:47, 26 October 2011 (BST)
Is there a JOSM plugin to link to this tool? And how about links from http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node%7Cway/xxx ?
- You clearly will never need this tool in JOSM, which natively provides an equivalent interface for everything you can do with the RawEditor.
- Plugins in JOSM are for more complex tasks such as geometry and projection helpers, tag checkers and validation, import assistants, data merges from/to other datasources, data converters, spell checkers, synchronization with various QA tools, social interactions between users, TODO lists and workflow management, custom cartographic views... — Verdy_p (talk) 23:59, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
Would be ideal if we could send a comment when editing!--Yvecai 15:22, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
- It would be a great addition for the query to close the current changeset. For now those changeset are just created without comment.
- Use this tool only for very basic editing such as correcting spelling errors or adding missing tags in existing OSM elements, not for creating or importing new data requiring the insertion of new OSM object id's. — Verdy_p (talk) 23:50, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
- It is definitely not dead and actively used since long, via several QA web tools, and it is very useful and fast to use for simple edits, such as correcting a spelling error in a name, or adding a missing tag or correcting a tag name or value, instead of lauching a full graphical editor.
- The errors you see are certainly caused by the fact that you have either not created a changeset with a first query, or that you are not been authenticated with your OSM user id, or because your XML data uses an incorrect schema.
- However, sometimes the server supporting it may be temporarily offline or crashed. Signal the event to the French OpenStreetMap mailing list "talk-fr" to restart the server or diagnose your situation (you may write your message there in English if you don't speak French on that list). — Verdy_p (talk) 23:44, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
Tool does not work since at least 3 Months
Tried to edit something via this tool in May, got an error. Still persists to this day. Error (upon trying to access an edit-page):
ProcessId: 15634 Interpreter: 'rawedit.openstreetmap.fr'
ServerName: 'rawedit.openstreetmap.fr' DocumentRoot: '/data/project/rawedit/rawedit/'
URI: '/edit/relation/296962' Location: None Directory: '/data/project/rawedit/rawedit/' Filename: '/data/project/rawedit/rawedit/edit' PathInfo: '/relation/296962'
Phase: 'PythonHandler' Handler: 'rawedit'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mod_python/importer.py", line 1537, in HandlerDispatch default=default_handler, arg=req, silent=hlist.silent)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mod_python/importer.py", line 1229, in _process_target result = _execute_target(config, req, object, arg)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mod_python/importer.py", line 1128, in _execute_target result = object(arg)
File "/data/project/rawedit/rawedit/rawedit.py", line 294, in handler return handler_edit.handler(req, session)
File "/data/project/rawedit/rawedit/handlers/edit.py", line 26, in handler session.authorize()
File "/data/project/rawedit/rawedit/rawedit.py", line 157, in authorize token = liboauth.OAuthToken.from_string(data)
File "/data/project/rawedit/rawedit/liboauth.py", line 142, in from_string key = params['oauth_token']
MODULE CACHE DETAILS
Accessed: Wed Aug 8 09:12:35 2018 Generation: 2
FileName: '/data/project/rawedit/rawedit/liboauth.py' Instance: 1 Generation: 1 Modified: Fri Oct 16 22:45:54 2015 Imported: Wed Aug 8 06:48:18 2018
FileName: '/data/project/rawedit/rawedit/rawedit.py' Instance: 1 Generation: 2 Modified: Fri Oct 16 22:59:05 2015 Imported: Wed Aug 8 06:48:18 2018 Children: '/data/project/rawedit/rawedit/liboauth.py'
- It is not supposed to be stopped. You should signal it to French authors of Osmose (in French or English). There's been recently a server maintenance after a failure, may be it's not restarted as it should after the reinstallation. There's probably a forgotten tweak to do in mounted filesystems, or a network configuration to reapply, or some missing library to reinstall. — Verdy_p (talk) 07:47, 8 August 2018 (UTC)