uMap/Guide/Define editors to modify my uMap
It is possible to designate additional editors in addition to the owner.
These editors are selected from the list of registered users.
The effect on the allowances of the editors depends on other options in the permissions menu.
- With option Who can view set to editors only, editors can view the map and modify the list of editors.
- With option Who can edit set to Only editors can edit, editors are allowed to do the same as the author, including modification of the list of editors.
- Exception: editors are not allowed to delete the map.
If an editor clicks My maps this map is also shown in the list of maps.
Procedure to add editors:
- Step 1: Start edit by
- Step 2: Select Update permissions and editors
- Step 3: Enter some characters in Map's editors.
- Step 4: Click the desired name. Repeat step 3 and 4 for all desired names.
- To remove a name: click on the small cross.
- Step 5: Save the map.