Jump to navigation Jump to search
Create your own map, add marker and much more
uMap lets you create a map with OpenStreetMap layers and embed it in your site. All within a few minutes. You can create custom maps (see the examples at the instances' front pages). It is powered by open source, WTFPL-licensed software.
- Production instances
- umap.openstreetmap.fr (multilingual), currently: català, čeština, dansk, Deutsch, English, español, français, italiano, lietuvių, suomi, Nederlands, русский, українська, 日本語, 中文（繁體）, 한국어 – Free usage without charge open to anyone. Warning, the service is very busy but does not offer any commercial support; it is not warrantied to work permanently and may temporarily be unavailable : report any incident or unavailable times to the technical support below or on umap/framacarte dedicated category on OSM-FR forum.
- umap.osm.ch (multilingual, Switzerland)
https://umap.openstreetmap.co (Spanish / Epañol) - Free usage without charge open to anyone. Maintained by the OpenStreetMap Colombia foundation.(2022-10-27 Actualmente fuera de línea).
- umap.openstreetmap.de (German and other languages)
- Create an always up to date map with Overpass (en)
- blog post about new features in uMap (2014-08-25) (en)
- Using overpass queries in uMap (2020-11-23) (en)
- Creare una mappa online con fotografie in uMap aggiornabile con EtherCalc (it)
- come creare una mappa web in stile Open – Video tutorial (it)
- come caricare un layer da remoto su uMap con overpass-api – Video tutorial (it)
Some of the more expressive maps made with uMap:
- Syrian conflict map
- Ebola tracking
- Famous tombs in Père-Lachaise, Paris (with Overpass dynamic request)
- Old photos of Thessaloniki map (iframed here)
- A heatmap of the trees in Bordeaux
- Using a dynamic GeoRSS feed from Flickr (read also GeoRSS support added on uMap)
- The maps of the uMaps (note: the collected data is outdated, some maps are incorrectly referenced and are not those effectively published on websites, and there are many more)
- Simple elections results in Paris
- Paris en autochromes (with iframe embedded in the popups)
- Vegan restaurants in Bern (iframed here)
- Interesting places in Samara (Russia) with pop-up windows
- Map by the "Anti-borschevik" (anti-hogweed) community (Russia).
Pseudo-maps using custom locations, not real geolocations on Earth:
- Simpson's City Map (game)
- Composition of elected members at the Île-de-France regional assemblee in Paris (people and their political groups on a chart)
- Project repository: https://github.com/umap-project/umap
- Front-end repository (Leaflet plugin): https://github.com/umap-project/Leaflet.Storage
- Back-end repository (Django app): https://github.com/umap-project/django-leaflet-storage
Translations are available on Transifex: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/umap/
Developers news and release notes
- (en) 2020-02-25: How to become an uMap contributor? by Binnette (talk)
Feedback and help
- Mailing list: https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/umap (including lost of the edit url for umap @ osm-fr)
- Issues tracker (you can reach the developers there): https://github.com/umap-project/umap/issues
- IRC channel (real-time chat): #umap on Freenode
- Gitter channel: https://gitter.im/umap-project/umap
- Help forum (only for minor usage problems): https://help.openstreetmap.org/tags/umap/
- French help forum: https://forum.openstreetmap.fr/c/utiliser/umap/29
- Spanish help (Umap Colombia installation): https://t.me/OSMLatam / https://openstreetmap.co
- for private/sensitive stuff related to the osm-fr instance or to the code : email@example.com
- geojson.io offers drawing geometries, displaying markers according to coordinate tables, overlay GPX or KML data, and finally share your map even privately.
- ShareMap [ dead link ] was a flash based online tool to create geometric elements on a background map (OSM among others), display GPX or KML files, import elements from OSM API via overpass-api and finally save the result in different formats for different purposes.
- https://mapifator.com/ by Geoapify. Custom maps for embedding on your website. Commercial with free tier.
- http://maps.inkata.com was a similar web service (now broken?)
- A Russian interview with the founder of the public movement "Anti-borschevik" (anti-hogweed) about how they use uMap.