Unix Sysadmin and hiker in Dublin, Ireland (Rép. of).
Started mapping for OSM in July 2008. My weapons of choice are Garmin's 60csx and Oregon 550t.
Mostly interested in off-road mapping that would be useful to hikers, bikers, geocachers, megalith hunters and folk of that ilk.
Most of my urban mapping is confined to my local area in South Dublin.
- Maintains a number of Irish OSM services:
- Quarter-Hourly updated Ireland only Planet#Regional_extract_sources instance planet.openstreetmap.ie
- Nominatim nominatim.openstreetmap.ie. Updated quarter-hourly.
- Taginfo taginfo.openstreetmap.ie. Updated daily.
- Overpass_API and Overpass_Turbo. Updated quarter-hourly..
- maps.openstreetmap.ie . Updated quarter-hourly..
- osmie-bot ircbot for #osm-ie irc channel which reports on
- new users editing in Ireland
- all notes created in Ireland
- allows us to watch users and report on all edits in Ireland by these users
- Imported summit data for 1000+ peaks (as user iemv_import ) for all the island of Ireland with data kindly donated by mountainviews, the foremost hillwalking resource for Ireland.
- Mapping forest and mountain paths in Dublin mountains.