Jump to navigation Jump to search
I am an Openstreetmap enthusiast. I've been using OSM for years, but have only recently started contributing, mainly using StreetComplete, but also with ID. I'm based around FR:Lyon.
- Improve mapping around home :
- 3DBuildings (Data about roofs, levels of buildings etc)
- Amenity information (Shops, bookcases, letterboxes etc)
- Power grid :
- Add what I can find around home
- Power substations
- Train lines of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region : TER Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes (the Wiki page needs some editing)
How I work
I use an Android phone (LG G5) connected by the application Bluetooth GPS to an external Bluetooth GPS : a Globlasat BT-338. This GPS is fairly simple, and doesn't offer much functionalities, but replaces the phone's internal GPS which is notably unreliable (due to poor soldering of the GPS chip apparently.
On my phone, I use StreetComplete to improve the map. However, to add or edit features, I also frequently use my computer, with IStreetCompleteD, or less frequently with JOSM.
This is a list of links or projects around OSM which I find interesting.
- OSMBuildings : A 3D map, using data from Openstreetmap
- OsmHydrant : Map of fire hydrants
- OpenInfraMap : Electrical and gas network
- http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/oooc : Finding OSM users nearby (it is one of the projects from ResultMaps)
- http://yosmhm.neis-one.org/?MtheBird : Heatmap of a user's contributions